Want Some Answers ???Home Page
Mormon Missionaries promote the unorthodox religious beliefs of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (LDS) based in Salt Lake City Utah U.S.A. Article from Mormon's.
Mormons try to appear "Christian" when presenting their beliefs and their church. But they won't tell you the full story. Sadly many Mormons are not fully aware of the doctrines and history of their own church. It claims to have the truth, so it must be open to honest investigation. If something is true it can stand being questioned. If it is not true it needs to be questioned! Below are some facts about this religious organization. You won't be told these when Mormon Missionaries call at your door
(1) Mormons won't tell you their Prophet, Joseph Smith Jnr., was heavily involved in the Occult, Spiritism and Freemasonry when he founded Mormonism.
(2) Mormons won't tell you that they encourage visitations from dead relatives from the "spirit world" a practice repeatedly forbidden in the Bible.
(3) Mormons won't tell you their secret temple oaths are based on the same oaths used in Freemasonry's Blue Lodge. Until 1990, one oath threatened ripping out the tongue, heart and stomach if Mormon secrets were shared with a non-Mormon.
(4) Mormons won't tell you that they considered the Negro race and all brown-skinned people to be inferior, having the "Curse of Cain" because of their skin colour and curly hair. People of such races were forbidden entry into Mormon temples and priesthood orders until 1978.
(5) Mormons won't tell you that Joseph Smith taught there were inhabitants on the moon who dressed like Quakers and lived to about 1,000 years of age. Brigham Young, Smith's replacement, taught there were similar inhabitants on the sun as well.
(6) Mormons won't tell you that their prophet Joseph Smith did not die as a martyr as they claim, but was killed during a gun battle while he, his brother Hyrum & several friends were trying to escape from the Carthage jail. They were in jail for burning down the local newspaper which had printed damaging information about them. Smith killed two men and wounded a third. He also gave the Masonic hailing sign of distress while being gunned down. Martyrs don't shoot back!
(7) Mormons won't tell you they intend to become gods one day and are helping to earn their exaltation to godhood by talking to you.
(8) Mormons won't tell you that women receive salvation only through their Mormon husbands, and must remain pregnant for all eternity.
(9) Mormons won't tell you that they intend to have many wives in heaven, until they have enough children to populate their own planet.
(10) Mormons won't tell you that the "heavenly father" they ask you to pray to with them is really an exalted, evolved man who lives on a planet near the imaginary star-base Kolob, and is not the Heavenly Father of the Christian Bible at all.
(11) Mormons won't tell you that the Virgin Mary really wasn't a virgin at all, but had a normal marriage relationship with their heavenly father to produce the Mormon version of Jesus.
(12) Mormons won't tell you that they believe Jesus is really Lucifer's brother in the spirit world, and it was only due to a heavenly council of gods which voted that the Mormon Jesus should become the earth's redeemer and Saviour, instead of Lucifer/Satan.
(13) Mormons won't tell you that they believe Jesus of Nazareth had three wives - two Mary's and Martha - plus several children while he lived on earth. Since Mormons believe that only married men can become gods, Jesus had to be married to fit into their beliefs.
(14) Mormons won't tell you that their so-called inspired scriptures (The Book of Mormon, Pearl of Great Price & Doctrines & Covenants) all contradict each other as well as the Bible. No Christian group accepts these books as authoritative.
(15) Mormons won't tell you that the reason the Book of Mormon has no maps is because there is no evidence to support it, not even for one of the 38 major cities it claims existed (The holy books of every world religion have maps to establish their origins.) Even the highly regarded Smithsonian Institute of Washington discredited the archaeological and linguistic claims of the Book of Mormon, including the half million casualties claimed to have fallen at Cumorah, New York, in 385 AD. The Mormon Church says it has evidence to support its claims, but refuses to allow any independent testing. What do they have to hide?
(16) Mormons won't tell you the three witnesses (Cowdery, Whitmer & Harris) claimed by Joseph Smith to have seen the gold plates from which the Book of Mormon was alleged to have been translated, all left the Mormon Church and each later testified publicly none of them ever saw the gold plates. Cowdery also accused Smith of adultery (later proven), lying and teaching false doctrines. Smith accused all three of being "thieves and counterfeiters." If Smith were right, why do these three still have their names printed at the beginning of every Book of Mormon, even today?
(17) Mormons won't tell you there have been over 4,000 changes to the Book of Mormon since first introduced by Smith as "The Inspired Word of God," and "The Most Perfect Book on Earth." Most of these changes were made to cover up Smith's false prophecies, including Christ's Second Coming in 1891. 58 out of 61 of Smith's prophecies failed to happen - sure signs of a false prophet.
(18) Mormons won't tell you that The Book of Mormon was originally written as a ‘fairy-story' of what might have happened if Jesus Christ had visited America. Its real author was probably Rev. Solomon Spaulding, a Congregational minister whose Sunday school was attended by Joseph Smith Jnr. Smith obtained a copy of the manuscript, adding over 25,000 words, mainly from the Bible (especially from Isaiah, Malachi & the New Testament) and then published the book under his own name. In the original versions, Joseph Smith even claimed authorship. The granddaughter of Rev. Spaulding appeared on American television during the 1990's with the original manuscript and the similarities between it and the Book of Mormon are impossible to avoid.
(19) Mormons won't tell you that they consider the Holy Bible to be untrustworthy and full of errors. They claim parts of the Bible have been mistranslated. Mormon leaders have had over 160 years to provide evidence of this, and have yet to produce anything credible.
(20) Mormons won't tell you they believe their church is the only right one and all others are wrong; that all Christian creeds are an abomination; and your minister, pastor or priest is hired by Satan to mislead you.
(21) Mormons won't tell you that in the State of Utah, where almost 80% of the population are Mormon, there is a much higher than national average rate of divorce, wife-beating, bigamy, child abuse, teenage suicide & antidepressant use.
Below more facts taught by the highest authorities in the Mormon Church. All quotes from official LDS publications or the Bible.
FACT 1. The Mormon Church teaches ALL other Churches are WRONG; ALL their creeds are an ABOMINATION in the sight of God; and ALL their teachers are CORRUPT.
One of the Mormon Books of Scripture, The Pearl of Great Price, says this about non-LDS churches: "...they were ALL WRONG; and the Personage who addressed me said that ALL their creeds were an ABOMINATION in his sight; that those professors were ALL CORRUPT…" (Joseph Smith, 2:19)
FACT 2. Mormonism teaches there’s no salvation outside the Mormon Church and without accepting Joseph Smith.
Apostle Bruce R. McConkie makes this statement: "If it had not been for Joseph Smith and the restoration, there would be no salvation. There is no salvation outside The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints." (Mormon Doctrine pg.670)
The Bible, on the other hand, teaches salvation is in Jesus alone: "Neither is there salvation in any other [Jesus]: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved." (Ac.4:12)
FACT 3. Mormons are taught to doubt the reliability of the Bible and their leaders have consistently attacked its accuracy.
Joseph Smith claimed: "it was apparent that many important points touching the salvation of men, had been taken from the Bible, or lost before it was compiled." (Teachings of the Prophet Joseph Smith pg.10)
The Bible answers this attack: "The grass withereth, the flower fadeth: but the word of our God shall stand for ever." (Isa.40:8)
FACT 4. A basic tenant in Mormonism today is that Jesus Christ is the brother of Satan.
Milton R. Hunter writes: "The appointment of Jesus to be the Savior of the world was contested by one of the other sons of God. He was called Lucifer... this spirit-brother of Jesus desperately tried to become the Savior of mankind." (The Gospel Through The Ages pg.15)
Nowhere in the Bible does it indicate that Lucifer attempted to become the Saviour: in fact, Jesus created Satan, so they can't be brothers. Col.1:16 indicates that Jesus created "all things" whether "in heaven" or "in earth, visible or invisible".
FACT 5. Mormonism continues to teach that God the Father is a glorified, resurrected man, and men and women may become Gods and Goddesses.
Apostle Bruce R. McConkie claimed: "God himself, the Father of us all, is a glorified, exalted, immortal, resurrected Man!" (Mormon Doctrine pg.643)
Joseph Smith, the founder of Mormonism, taught: "you have got to learn how to be Gods yourselves ... the same as all Gods have done before you" (Teachings of the Prophet Joseph Smith pg.346)
The Lord Himself answers this teaching by pronouncing: "I am the first, and I am the last; and beside me there is no God" (Isa.44:6)
FACT 6. Mormons consider Polygamy a righteous principle which will he practiced in heaven.
Although there is nothing in the Bible that will support this thinking, current Mormon Scripture has this to say: "A any man espouse a virgin, and desire to espouse another, and the first give her consent, and if he espouse the second, and they are virgins, and have vowed to no other man, then is he justified; he cannot commit adultery.... And if he have TEN VIRGINS given unto him by this law, he cannot commit adultery" (Doctrine and Covenants 132:61, 62)
FACT 7. Mormons today believe God the Father is married and past leaders have taught both God the Father and Jesus Christ are polygamists.
'Apostle' Orson Pratt states: "the great Messiah who was the founder of the Christian religion, was a Polygamist… the Messiah chose to take upon himself his seed; and by marrying many honorable wives himself, show to all future generations that he approbated the plurality of Wives under the Christian dispensation… God the Father had a plurality of wives…. the Son followed the example of his Father… both God the Father and our Lord Jesus Christ inherit their wives in eternity as well as in time" (The Seer pg.172)
Nowhere in the Bible does it indicate that God the Father and Jesus Christ are married or polygamists.
FACT 8. The majority of the activity in the Mormon Temples in work done in behalf of the DEAD.
Joseph Smith offers this explanation: "The greatest responsibility in this world that God has laid upon us is to seek after our DEAD” (Teachings of the Prophet Joseph Smith pg.356)
Although many Mormons are attempting to save their dead relatives, the Bible indicates: "None of them can by any means redeem his brother, nor give to God a ransom for him." (Ps. 49:7)
FACT 9. To the Mormon, the ultimate test that Mormonism is true is an "inner feeling."
Mormons often refer to this feeling as a "burning in the bosom." They believe their scripture (Doctrine and Covenants 9:8) gives the best test for determining truth. This test reads: "study it out in your mind; then you must ask me [the Lord] if it be right, and if it is right I will cause that your bosom shall burn within you; therefore, you shall FEEL that it is right.
The Bible, on the other hand, tells us: "Study to show thyself approved unto God, a workman that needs not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth." (2 Tim. 2:15)
FACT 10. Mormon leaders demand total obedience regardless whether they are right or wrong.
The ward teacher's message for June, 1945, stated: “When our leaders speak, the thinking has been done. When they propose a plan - it is God's plan." (Improvement Era, June 1945 pg.354)
Herber C. Kimball, First Councilor to Brigham Young, clarifies further: "But if you are told by your leader to do a thing, do it. None of your business whether it is right or wrong." (Journal of Discourses. vol.6 pg.32)
The Bible warns us in 1 Jn.4:1 "Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world."
FACT 11. Mormon leaders consistently attack the Biblical doctrine of Salvation by God's Grace through Faith alone.
In Apostle James Talmage's book, The Articles of Faith, twice he refers to justification by Faith alone as a "pernicious doctrine" and further declares "The Sectarian Dogma of Justification by Faith Alone has exercised an influence for evil." (pgs. 107 480)
The Bible responds: "Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ." (Rom.5:1)
FACT 12. Mormon Apostle Bruce R. McConkie has warned his people against a personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
If the Facts were interesting, so are these -
(1) Rewriting the Bible to Mormonism
(2) Terminology Differences
(3) Mormonism Christian or Cult?
(4) Outer space / Ten Tribes
(5) Temple, Oaths, Underwear
(6) Facts From Mormons
Conclusion: The "Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints" as Mormons call themselves, is not a Christian organization, and isn't based on the Bible, or the God of the Bible. Mormon leaders are well aware that if these and many other facts were known to potential converts they would have very few converts. The missionaries may be well-dressed and nice young people, but many may not know the above facts or have been well trained to keep them hidden.
If you are a Mormon this information has been given to you in love. It’s accurate and honest. The people and programs of the Mormon Church may appear good, but the best organization and a sincere faith misdirected away from the God of the Bible will not save you. Become a seeker of the truth about the real Jesus Christ. The current President of the Mormon Church, Gordon B. Hinickley, admitted in mid-1999 the Mormon Jesus is not the Jesus Christ of the Bible, but a different Jesus (see 2 Cor.11:4). Remember those missionary lessons before you joined the church? Were you asked to make an eternal decision, based on incomplete and inaccurate information? Why not call on the One True God and ask Him to reveal Himself to you, and ask the One True Jesus Christ to apply His sacrifice on the cross to your sins personally.
To the Ex-Mormon: You were told there is no hope or help for you outside the Mormon Church. They were wrong! Hundreds of thousands have left and received help. Many are available to help along with others who have studied this and similar cults. Don't give up on the real God because of the errors of Mormonism. Renounce the false baptism you may have had because of the spiritual ties and bondages this brings on members. If you have never requested your name be removed from membership, do so in writing. Leaving your name on their list directly aids their missionary efforts. If you need spiritual help, write in confidence, or feel free to comment.
 Click Here  Click Here  Click Here  Click Here  Click Here
 Jeremiah read the above and comments.  Posted to me.  David. [4-5] Roland, claims to be practically a 'founding member' of the Auckland 'Sceptics Society', now he's a Mormon.
 Click Here  Click Here  Click Here  Click Here
[1-3] Sneeb, - salvation is free  Douglas, - no it requires works.
 Click Here  Click Here  Click Here  Click Here  Click Here
[1-4] Jared, - a door knocking Mormon.
Contact me Or better still, an expert Here