Want Some Answers ???Mormonism
Hi David, thanks for writing,
>>I seen yure website and i had some mormon boys come by and said some of the things you told about and why. I ast one of the boys about becoming god and he says that god commands all to be perfect as he is and the boy showed me an the Bible and jesua did say to be perfect like him. so maybe won day if you do keep on learning forever can otmake sense god will let you be like him maybe not right when going in to heven but after many eternitiees why not. or do we just reech a limut that god just wont let us know anymore or make anymore progress, than that would be hell wouldnt it?<<" (p.189-190 'Doctrines of Covenants' J.F. Smith).
Yes Jesus did say 'to be perfect like God'. But that doesn't mean one will ultimately be like God with all power and knowledge. The Mormon 'god' is not the God of the Bible. Joseph Smith said men become gods because he believed God was once a man who became God. Smith believed there are many gods. The bible says there is one (Deut.6:4 1 Cor.8:4-6 Ps.90:2 Isa.43:10,11 44:6,8 Jas.2:19). Who do you believe, the bible or Joseph Smith?
But if we don't follow Joseph Smith, we can't get to heaven. We must first accept all his teaching. Mormons say, there's "no salvation without accepting Joseph Smith … this knowledge is of the most vital importance to the entire world
God has revealed in the bible all we need to know about salvation. For Smith 'salvation' is a progression toward becoming a god. The bible however, teaches 'salvation' is a free gift of God which comes by grace through faith alone (Rom.3:21-30 Eph.2:8-10). One is not justified by works of the law (Gal.2:16 Rom.5:21). Good works is not the basis of salvation but the result (Jn.1:12-13 Rom.3:10-23 5:1,2 8:1,3,31-39 Tit.3:5 Jn.5:24 10:27-30 Ac.13:38,39)
>>mayby some of what the mormon boys says just mite be true, but not all like the qukers on the moon. haha. there not quakers i bet there jahoves witness. LOL... what do you think
I have found many things Smith said are not true. Sadly, Mormonism is based on the lies of Smith. The Book of Mormon is flawed, unreliable and historically bankrupt. The bible is the very opposite. Josh McDowell studied Mormon doctrine, he mentions 9 reasons why archaeological experts reject the Book of Mormon.
(1) No Book of Mormon cites have been found
(2) No Book of Mormon names have been found in New World Inscriptions.
(3) No genuine inscriptions have been found in Hebrew in America.
(4) No genuine inscriptions have been found in America in Egyptian or anything similar to Egyptian, which could correspond to Joseph Smith's 'reformed Egyptian'.
(5) No ancient copies of Book of Mormon scriptures have been found.
(6) No ancient inscriptions of any kind in America which indicate that the ancient inhabitants had Hebrew or Christian beliefs have been found.
(7) No mention of Book of Mormon persons, nations, or places has been found.
(8) No artefact of any kind which demonstrates the Book of Mormon is true has been found.
(9) Rather than finding supportive evidence. Mormon scholars have been forced to retreat from traditional interpretations of Book of Mormon statements. (p.348 'A Ready Defense' Thomas Nelson publ. 1993)
The old axiom is true. "If it's true, its not new and if it's new it's not true" This applies, one could ask 'is Mormonism a new teaching?' If the answer is yes, then the Christian has every right to reject it. But if the answer is 'no'. Then we say 'We don't need it'. Hope this gives you something to tell those 'door knockers'.